If you haven’t heard about the #KonjacSponge, today is your big day! Everyone is excited about this new beauty tool. And you’re about to change your cleansing routine very soon.
After reading a few reviews online, this little skin miracle made me curious and I decided to purchase one for myself. Therefore, the first one I tried is Erborian Green Tea Konjac Sponge that I bought at Sephora.
The Konjac Sponge is made entirely from the root of the the Konjac Potato along with French clays and some contain pure charcoal from bamboo. It has been used in the Japanese culture for over 1500 years as a food source and over the last century have been using the Konjac potato as a beauty treatment. The fibres from the Konjac plant are rich in vitamins and minerals including potassium, zinc, magnesium, vitamins a + e + d + b and more!
Is extremely gentle
Excellent for all skin types even those with hypersensitive skin, and problems like eczema and rosacea
Balances the acidity of the skins impurities and oils
It’s a natural cleansing tool
Exfoliates dead skin cells
It can dislodge, dirt, oil and blackheads.
Very gentle scrub tool
– When you first open a Konjac Sponge you’ll realize it’s very solid, actually its texture is very special. After running warm water on it, the sponge will morph into a soft jelly like texture. Always rinse the sponge with warm water before using it
– Soap or face cleanser is not necessarily needed while using this sponge
– It helps remove completely any makeup trace, dirt and oil from skin, while leaving it very smooth. Gently massages the skin in circular motions (for a minimum 60 seconds) all over to stimulate blood flow and new growth of skin cells
– With The Konjac you’ll have your face clean and refreshed in a natural way
– It’s recommended to thoroughly dry the sponge between use to prevent bacteria or mold build-up, and to replace it after 6 weeks. Although they are antibacterial, these sponges are not self-cleaning. It may be hard to believe that a sponge can bring you some many benefits, but trust me, it’s no ordinary sponge!
While all the sponges are suitable for sensitive skin, there is a fabulous range of sponge options for different skin types
For exemple, Erborian has come out with 3 versions of its Konjac Cleansing Sponge:
- Bamboo Charcoal Konjac Sponge (Kojac natural fibers: Cleansing and exfoliating properties, Bamboo charcoal : Purifying and mattifying)
- Green Tea Konjac Sponge (Kojac natural fibers: Cleansing and exfoliating properties, Green Tea : Antioxidant, prevents UVB damage)
- Natural Konjac Sponge (Kojac natural fibers: Cleansing and exfoliating properties)