Marsala is officially The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015!
Such a bold sophisticated shade!! A color that’s been around makeup for many years, it’s now popping up everywhere in fashion and not only. It is a versatile color, easy to wear for most women’ skin tones and eye colors. This beautiful rich shade looks great on green eyes because the reddish tones will make the green stand out even more! You can play and combine this color with different other shades like purple, gold, red, pink, even light green and blue. But avoid pairing it with orange! See? It’s a seriously flexible shade, so if you want a nude look, marsala looks great with soft shades of brown, cream and pastel pink. Monochrome makeup is also a nice and easy way to wear marsala. This beauty trend can be pulled off by applying marsala eyeshadow all over your eye lid, a pair of false lashes, mascara and a darker shade on the outer corners to make your eyes look bigger. Personally, I’m already falling in love with the gorgeous looks that can be created with this year’s Pantone color of the year!
Marsala is a subtly seductive shade, one that draws us in to its embracing warmth. – Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of Pantone color Institute®.
HOW TO: Create Marsala Eyes
- Have a makeup base (primer, foundation, concealer)
- Use your eyebrow kit for perfect eyebrows (they can change your entire look and expression!)
- Apply a light ivory eyeshadow on your entire eye lid
- Use rich shade of shimmery gold
- Then, apply your fabulous marsala eyeshadow and smudge it on the outer corners of your eye to make them look bigger and sexy
- Black pencil is a must for this look to contour and make your eyes pop even more (if you want a day look I recommend you to use a white eyeliner)
- The final step and the most important is applying and fixing your false lashes (if needed add a layer of black mascara also)
As you can see, this beautiful shade is everywhere now. From shirts, coats, bags, nails, even hair colors and, of course, makeup! My favourite way to wear Marsala is on my LIPS! I find this deep, red wine shade very feminine, but in a mature, elegant that can work great on every skin tone. It is definitely a shade you can’t go wrong with, weather you go to the office or at a party.
HOW TO: Create Marsala Lips It’s time to STAIN the lips , just as the classic red wine would diffuse around the lips and give it a sexy appeal. Here’s how to get the look:
- Scrub, clean and apply a hydrating balm on your lips
- Shape your lips with a red wine lip pencil
- Choose your Marsala lipstick (the darker the better)
- Apply a light layer on the entire lip
- Fix it with a little touch of powder
- Apply a second layer for a darker stain
How do you like to wear this year’s color trend – Marsala? I’m sure that this shade will find its way into your makeup collection in 2015!